Stainless steel is a timeless look that matches almost any interior, although some models can be a bit pricier. Some think stainless steel is hard to clean and while it does smudge easier than other appliance varieties, cleaning them is not a huge issue. Here are a few things you should know about stainless steel before you purchase:
- Stainless Steel appliances can increase the value of your home.
- Stainless steel is timeless. Color fads come and go, but the metallic finish of stainless steel is here to stay.
- Stainless Steel lasts longer and doesn’t discolor like other varieties.
- Stainless steel resists rust, pitting and corrosion.
- Chromium inside helps the steel “heal itself” as small scratches disappear when oxidation occurs on the surface. The shine of stainless steel comes from the chromium in the metal alloy.
- Some stainless steel refrigerators are finger-print resistant. If you have small kids, this is a great way to ensure you won’t be wiping down your appliances every two-and-a-half seconds.
The look of stainless steel is more affordable than you think. Appliance Factory Outlet & Mattresses has a wide variety of stainless steel appliances for 30 to 60 percent off MSRP. We often have stainless kitchen packages for under $2,000—just check out our ad every Sunday in the Denver Post—we also post it on our website.